With every New Year comes a lot of changes and newness in the world. Be it offline or online, the change is necessary, and the only constant thing in the world. if you do not walk with time and inculcate changes in your website, there is a fair chance you may get left behind in the race. Do not make the mistake, make the change.
Here we have 5 ways to improve your content strategy in 2020 to take the content on your website to a higher pedestal. Content is the primary building block of a website.
If you wish to attract the audience and customers on your website, you must have great content available on your website. When you produce the content your audience wishes to read, you inspire them to take action too.
The days of the clunky and cluttered content has gone. With the year changed, it is time to bring the newness to your website as well to inspire your readers.
Here are the 5 ways to improve your content strategy in 2020.
1. Variety in the type of posts
The days of encyclopedias are gone. We do not have to fiddle through a book with thousands of pages to get some information.
It does not matter if you have information on a matter or not, you can simply search for it on Google.
With the same, content creators have a humongous wide spectrum available in front of them to give to their audience.
If you wish to provide your content in text, here are some of the methods you can go with.
· Blog posts
· Q& As and interesting interviews
· Case studies
2. Find out why the audience is not able to reach your website.
Making content is a basic and important step. But along with making content, it is also very important to keep track of the progress of the website.
Make sure your content is able to serve the targeted audience what they are looking for.
Assess your website on the basis of these questions
· Is traffic increasing or not?
· What content type is performing best?
· What is the common thing in most viewed content pieces?
· Could the information in the content be made into a new piece of content? Answer these questions and you will have a fair idea of what path to take further.
3. SEO friendly content
SEO is the only technique that can make you rank up on Google. Make sure your content is SEO appropriate. It is important to keep your content customized to make sure it is reaching your targeted audience.
If it is not reaching the audience than no matter how great the content is, it will be of no use. Make sure the SEO is used properly to reach the first page of Google search.
4. Check the content quality
There is absolutely no way you can compromise with the quality of your content. Make sure to look out for the following points –
- Word count – If you are going for short-form posts, it can be somewhere around 500-700 words. If you are willing to go for long-form content, it will be more than 1400 words. Make sure the form of the post matches with its topic.
- Error-free – Make sure your content is error-free. No one wishes to waste their time reading content full of errors.
- Tone – Depending on the targeted audience, the tone of the content needs to be modified too.
5. Hire a content manager
Managing the content can be hustle most of the time, especially when you have your attention divided with very many other things.
For the purpose, hire a content manager. The individual will be professionally working on your website, ensuring the best of everything on the website.
The content manager will also be able to put your website in the reach of your targeted audience by using promotion techniques like SEO, Google ads, etc, that may come as a challenge to you.
It will also help you make sure your website is getting undivided attention from a professional.